About Fairly Frugal Fella:
Fairly Frugal Fella here and welcome! I’m just an average twenty something fella with an interest in personal finance. Four years ago when I graduated college and started earning a livable salary I thought I understood finances, but at the end of each month I still ended up a broke fella. Contemplating where I went wrong, I discovered the wealth of knowledge available to me about personal finance. I researched just about every blog, article, forum I could and soaked it all in. Realizing I had enough money, I just needed to spend less. Alas, Fairly Frugal Fella was born.
Once I started spending less, I realized how little I really needed in terms of consumer goods, to make me happy. Experiences to me will far out way any materialistic goods. Often times, you’ll catch me wearing cheap blank T shirts and 5 year old shoes. (I have nice clothes stashed away when the occasion warrants it, I’m no savage).
I’ve read tons of blogs that I followed religiously, and maybe one day I’ll add a blogroll for these blogs, but for now I want to focus on quality content that keeps you entertained and hopefully informed about being fairly frugal. I started to realize a stark difference from these bloggers and me.
Most went into great careers where the pay kept increasing exponentially, while in contrast to me, my income is decently average and I think is relatable to a lot of you out there. I may not be able to retire by 30, but hopefully I’ll be on the road to retirement before 50. With that being said, I love my career, so its easy.
Fairly Frugal Fellas’ Attributes
- I’m a 27 year old fella
- Earning right under 50k/year
- Paycheck to paycheck to spending less than half my income in a year
- I work two jobs averaging 46 hours/week
- I love lists and charts (can’t you tell?!)
- My net worth has gone from negative to roughly 60% of my salary in 3 years.
What’s The Point Fairly Frugal Fella?
I started this blog as a hobby for something I’m passionate about: personal finance. Secondary to that, I’ve discovered I enjoy writing (whether its legible, entertaining or just plain garbage). It’s been a refreshing outlet.
With the inception of this blog, I’m hoping to achieve a few goals. Personal and otherwise.
- Entertain people like me with relatable content. (hopefully, I spout out some useful information along the way).
- To track my progress of paying off my car by the end of 2017. Check that here
- To grow my net worth and hopefully reach 6 figures by 30 (*gulp* that’s in 3 years)
If you want to get started on keeping up with me and my ramblings, start at the beginning.